Mavericks still doesnt fix issues

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Apple is so damn pig headed sometimes. They use nonstop adjectives in their presentations. It's beautiful, amazing, gorgeous, pretty, stunning, etc.
How about FUNCTIONAL?!!
They said that they were adding enhancements for multi monitor support. How about not requiring me to put a refrigerator magnet on my keyboard to turn off the built in display when I want to use my external displays.
The typical apple fanboy answer is going to be, "why would anyone want to do that?"
Is there no solution for this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay, now please tell us the specific questions you like to ask so that we can figure out how best to help you. The above post is more of a rant, and deservingly so in your regard, but it hard to determine specifically what you want us to assist you with.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Okay, now please tell us the specific questions you like to ask so that we can figure out how best to help you. The above post is more of a rant, and deservingly so in your regard, but it hard to determine specifically what you want us to assist you with.
I thought I did.
How can I turn off the built in display without closing the lid while using external monitors? Closing the lid doesn't allow the camera to be used, and allows for much less ventilation. This is a basic function in Windows.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I thought I did.
How can I turn off the built in display without closing the lid while using external monitors? Closing the lid doesn't allow the camera to be used, and allows for much less ventilation. This is a basic function in Windows.

You did, though it would be easy to overlook. I had to think about it for a while since I've never used a macbook. I agree you should be able to do that. If the magnet is the only way, that is a pretty clever way around it. :)

- Matt

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I had read enough at the "pig headed" comment. Do some research online before you start kicking up dirt with such a temper tantrum. There are many ways around this, including the fact that the screen DOES sleep as it should (if nothing is preventing idle sleep).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen