The New MacBook Pro - Are you going to buy one?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
So, who's upgrading to one of the new MacBook Pros? Bumped up specs, lower prices (13" starting at $1,299 USD, 15" starting at $1,999 USD). Who's in? Or is your existing MBP doing just fine and dandy, thank you very much?

FlashFlare11

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'd love to get the 15" Retina soon! I've been waiting for the Haswell refresh and I'm pretty impressed by what I saw. Can't wait!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

heberman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Not me. I love the new MacBook Pro, but I'm going to hang on to my mid-2012 MacBook Pro for a few more years. Works great for me now.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Not me. They?re great machines, and I?d be proud to own one... but my 2012 retina MBP is going to be serving me for the next many years...

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
A bit too steep for my blood, and since I already use a mid-2012 MBP as my work computer, I'd rather get the new MacBook Air instead. :)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Not sure yet, possibly. I am not in the market til sometime next year, and I am sure by the time I am buying there will be newer and more pow-ah-ful around, hopefully anyway.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don't like the direction Apple is heading with their Macbook Pro line.
Retina is nice, but the rest of the internals just don't justify the price anymore.
I used to be able to order a 15" Macbook Pro with a dedicated GPU for around $1600. Now it would cost me $1000 more.

That being said, I still like the looks of the Macbook Air, and may purchase one to replace my aging 2010 13".

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ordered my first 15" MBP today. Can't wait till it arrives. The new MBP was too good to pass on this year. I'm looking forward to breaking away from Windows altogether. This is the one that I went with:

asugavu7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.

nogutsnoglory

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm in. I actually purchased the rMBP in early October before the new release (I know dumb move but I really needed a laptop for my business). Long story short, Apple was fantastic in letting me exchange my rMBP for the new version this Wed. even though the time to return ran out 5 days prior.

So, I've got the new rMBP & a $200 credit.

Battery life seems to be a big improvement even though it wasn't bad before. Having a few issues though; one is with mail. Every once in a while it has to be force closed. It won't allow me to close out of it normally. The other problem is the rMBP seems to freeze up once in a while. Need to power off with long press of the power button. Not sure what the problem is but it is not too bad.

Overall it is a nice upgrade for me, considering my circumstance. Not sure if it is worth it though otherwise. Time will tell.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I was lucky to be within 45 days exchange period with Best Buy, just picked up the 13 inch with 256 gig Hard Drive .. So far the speed boost is noticeable, particularly on heavy graphic filled web pages. Only dislike so far (only had for about 30 minutes) is that the keyboard feels different. Not quite Macbook Air Shallow but definitely does not feel like the keyboard I had on the previous Gen Macbook Pro Retina 13. Also the trackpad feels identical to the air (a little shallow) and makes a much more audible click that I am not enjoying. So far so good though, perhaps the keyboard and trackpad will grow on me.

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm still thinking about it. I've never had a MacBook Pro before.

But I'm addicted to the Air. I think they made the new Pros a little thinner, battery life a little longer and took away the CD drive, which is nice.

Hmmm

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
They are amazing but I'm passing. I have a 2009 MBP that works great for me. I'll probably upgrade in another 2 years or so.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

akingtrey

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I had and returned a base line 2012 rMBP and decided to hang on to my 2011 MBA until this year; I chose to customize the specs a bit (very excited with my choice).

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
it's definitely happening for me this holiday. My MBP hast just celebrated its third anniversary, and as tough as it is for me to let go I am very excited to finally get that long overdue Retina Display. My Mac is still doing great and I keep thinking it is a lot of cash for a better battery, a beautiful screen and a lighter/thinner shell. But I guess I've waited long enough. Hope Apple won't introduce an all new designed, BLACK edition, MBP next year. In that case I might throw a tantrum.

bembol

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I was set on the the 128GB iPad Mini Retina LTE but after checking out the Pro Retina today at Apple Store...

I have the LG G2 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3 but the problem is I can't sync my iTunes purchases because videos are protected. This is why I want an iPad but now I'm leaning towards the Pro because I can do more with it. Do I really $1,000 just so I can watch my videos while on the treadmill for 45 minutes.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I went and got the 13" new MacBook Pro (Late 2013). Went with 2.6GHz i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD. Coming from a MacBook Air, this is my first retina Mac. Holy COW, what a difference this screen makes! And the speakers really sound phenomenal too, listening to music on it. What an upgrade! Very very happy so far.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Was looking at it and was tempted, but the shiny 2 month old 2013 MacBook Air I was on brought me back to reality and reminded me that I didn't really need it, nor did I really want to open up my wallet again so soon :D.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
When Apple gets desperate and puts retina on the Air or make the Pro thinner, I'll buy.

If you are waiting for Apple to get desperate, you best find a bomb shelter with months years decades-worth of rations stored up. Apple is most definitely not desperate. In. Any. Sense.

Why do people have to post crap like that? Jealousy?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice