Another gaming related question on new MBP
I'm also an avid gamer. That's really the most taxing thing I do with a computer.
I've always made it a point to get a computer with a discrete graphics card. I noticed that only the highest price pointed MBP comes with that option. I also heard on the keynote that the iris pro can handle things better than previous integrated graphics.
I mostly play WoW and other mmorpg's, the new SimCity, Sims 3, and my boyfriend is thinking about battlefield and stuff like that.
Would the integrated graphics handle the games easily or should I go for the discrete card upgrade?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
- 10-23-2013, 01:18 AM #2
Re: Another gaming related question on new MBP
For the games you mentioned the integrated would be fine. However if your boyfriend is wanting to get battlefield (I'm assuming 4, the latest) on there you'll want to look at discrete. But even then you'll probably be taxed for performance. To run a game like battlefield 4 well with the stunning visuals and physics it has, you really are looking at a desktop. Or go cheaper and get him a PS4. He'll love you for it 😄
- By Gearheadaddy in forum iPad mini 2Replies: 15Last Post: 11-22-2015, 11:14 PM
- By Scatabrain in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 10-24-2013, 10:19 PM
- By Selfaware in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 10-24-2013, 10:08 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-23-2013, 08:01 AM
- By Scatabrain in forum iOS 7Replies: 2Last Post: 10-23-2013, 12:08 AM