Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

254 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Default Another gaming related question on new MBP

Hi guys.

I'm also an avid gamer. That's really the most taxing thing I do with a computer.

I've always made it a point to get a computer with a discrete graphics card. I noticed that only the highest price pointed MBP comes with that option. I also heard on the keynote that the iris pro can handle things better than previous integrated graphics.

I mostly play WoW and other mmorpg's, the new SimCity, Sims 3, and my boyfriend is thinking about battlefield and stuff like that.

Would the integrated graphics handle the games easily or should I go for the discrete card upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    iMore Nanite

5 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Default Re: Another gaming related question on new MBP

For the games you mentioned the integrated would be fine. However if your boyfriend is wanting to get battlefield (I'm assuming 4, the latest) on there you'll want to look at discrete. But even then you'll probably be taxed for performance. To run a game like battlefield 4 well with the stunning visuals and physics it has, you really are looking at a desktop. Or go cheaper and get him a PS4. He'll love you for it 😄
    applefanboi likes this.