Gaming Gear and the MBP

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys, MBP Late '11 edition user here. The thing is, is that I game a lot on my laptop (though nowhere near as much as my desktop), but as it is a MacBook Pro, I'm kinda short on the USB and audio ports front. Here is the problem I have though, I am going to be getting a new gaming keyboard to replace my SteelSeries as there is a keyboard-mouse brand difference causing issues I would rather avoid, however, I would lose my USB ports and such on the front and I also recently bought a new headset that uses audio ports. I have 2 USB ports, and 1 audio port (for audio in OR audio out). This is when running on Windows 8 by the way. Anyways, I am just wondering how I can get this to work WITHOUT buying a new laptop. While I do have access to a 4-port USB splitter, I do not know if it has enough juice to power that stuff (it would also be nice to be able to save 1 USB port on the splitter for charging my HTC One), and I also need a way to get access to both an audio out AND an audio in port at the same time. Anyone know how to deal with this?

Keyboard choice (not yet bought):
Razer DeathStalker Ultimate Gaming Keyboard - Switchblade User Interface Keyboard - Razer United States
OR
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth - Elite Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Razer United States

Current keyboard:
SteelSeries United Kingdom shop - SteelSeries Zboard Limited Edition (WotLK) - Keyboards
(replace the WoW keyset with a standard keyset)

Mouse choice (already bought):
Razer Naga Molten Gaming Mouse - Expert MMO Gaming Mice - Razer United States

Headset choice (already bought):
Creative Fatal1ty Gamer Headset - Headphones - Creative Labs (UK)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
SWEET looking keyboard Daniel, I don't think you could go wrong with either, but my choice would be stealth. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox