Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SeanHRCC
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

10 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Question i know this is my own dumb fault...

so, i recently got a new macbook pro with retina, specced out pretty well in all areas, and i absolutely love it. it's definitely a better computing experience versus my previous windows machine and i am impressed with nearly every aspect of it. so here's my dilema:

i just bought this thing from newegg on 5/28 and for whatever reason my tech junky roots failed me and i had NO idea that there were rumors of a new MBP to be announced at WWDC. My question is, am I SOL here? Meaning if I decide i absolutely must have this upgraded model are my only options to sell it somewhere and get a new one or what? i realize there probably isn't a magic solution here and i should have done my homework, but i didn't and here we are. if anyone has any suggestions or insight i'd appreciate it.

12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Default Re: i know this is my own dumb fault...

You are SOL unless newegg offers a return policy with their computers (you'd have to check, I've never personally ordered a computer from them before)...buyers remorse returns are usually met with pretty stiff return fees from some companies too, so be prepared for that.

It never hurts to plea your case with them and explain the situation, but from what I know about new egg, they are a "drop ****" company, which means they don't stock any of their products themselves, they have vendors that they order through, they charge you one price and get their cheaper dealer price and keep the profit...returning your computer may be a bit of a challenge because of this, because newegg isn't specifically the company giving/taking the return, they are simply the middle man with the business account to buy consumer electronics cheaper than you can.

Good luck!
    Fausty82 likes this.