Retina vs regular 15" Macbook Pro

kobe24b

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Was at bestbuy today. I have a macbook pro 2010 15". I compared it to the new retina model. I was surprised to see my model (albeit a newer 2012 version of it, but physically the same). I tried to see how the retina was all that better and I really did not notice that much of a difference, honestly. I tried to. However, I was amazed by the thinness of the retina. It is like a macbook air now and it also felt much much lighter. I did not like that they got rid of the superdrive. Also, if any part breaks internally, good luck replacing it yourself with the retina.

Having said that, I really don't think ill be upgrading anytime soon as the pros aren't overwhelming. Anyone else feel this way?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I know I did the same thing as you and shopped at Best Buy 2 weeks ago and even though i was shopping for my first Mac Book i would not by the retina but the regulat Mac Book Pro and I felt the 13" was adequate for me. Thank you for sharing your story with us. :)

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Was at bestbuy today. I have a macbook pro 2010 15". I compared it to the new retina model. I was surprised to see my model (albeit a newer 2012 version of it, but physically the same). I tried to see how the retina was all that better and I really did not notice that much of a difference, honestly. I tried to. However, I was amazed by the thinness of the retina. It is like a macbook air now and it also felt much much lighter. I did not like that they got rid of the superdrive. Also, if any part breaks internally, good luck replacing it yourself with the retina.

Having said that, I really don't think ill be upgrading anytime soon as the pros aren't overwhelming. Anyone else feel this way?
I have a 13" early 2011 and feel like upgrading to the retina 15".

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
He meant lighter then his 2010 MBP,not the MBA.

I kind of assumed that...but to be honest, the retina model isn't really all that much lighter than the 2010-2012 non retina display MBP's...it's less than a pound on the 13" model, and just at a pound on the 15" model. Maybe it's just me, but i really didn't feel much of a difference at all between my early 2011 MBP and my retina display model.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I kind of assumed that...but to be honest, the retina model isn't really all that much lighter than the 2010-2012 non retina display MBP's...it's less than a pound on the 13" model, and just at a pound on the 15" model. Maybe it's just me, but i really didn't feel much of a difference at all between my early 2011 MBP and my retina display model.
Oh it would for a college student for me, every bit lighter and thinner the MBP becomes the better for me(providing its just as powerful and has enough battery life)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73