Macbook Pro w/ Retina display suffering from "burn in"...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I searched online, and found quite a few threads on other websites that describe exactly what is going on with mine, but i wanted to see if any of the iMore family has experienced this. Mine is an early 2013 model (i7), and over the last couple of weeks, i have noticed that in a very similar fashion to my Samsung plasma TV at home, I'll get some screen burn in on my MBP's screen if a picture sits for too long. It eventually goes away, but this was a bit of a concern to me, especially knowing what can happen with plasma screen TV's if left up for a extended period of time (permanent damage that is)...and yes, i know the retina display is not a plasma screen (in case you were wondering).

Just curious if any of you other retina display users have noticed this on yours? The issue has not caused me to go running to the genius bar just yet, especially after reading the frequency of other users on sites like macrumors and the official Apple forums, but I'm a bit worried as to what this could mean down the road a bit, when the screen has some serious hours on it.

Not to stray anyone from buying one of these machines (because it's purely fantastic in almost every way), but it seems like every month i have this thing, I find reasons why i regret getting rid of my built 2011 model.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I searched online, and found quite a few threads on other websites that describe exactly what is going on with mine, but i wanted to see if any of the iMore family has experienced this. Mine is an early 2013 model (i7), and over the last couple of weeks, i have noticed that in a very similar fashion to my Samsung plasma TV at home, I'll get some screen burn in on my MBP's screen if a picture sits for too long. It eventually goes away, but this was a bit of a concern to me, especially knowing what can happen with plasma screen TV's if left up for a extended period of time (permanent damage that is)...and yes, i know the retina display is not a plasma screen (in case you were wondering).

Just curious if any of you other retina display users have noticed this on yours? The issue has not caused me to go running to the genius bar just yet, especially after reading the frequency of other users on sites like macrumors and the official Apple forums, but I'm a bit worried as to what this could mean down the road a bit, when the screen has some serious hours on it.

Not to stray anyone from buying one of these machines (because it's purely fantastic in almost every way), but it seems like every month i have this thing, I find reasons why i regret getting rid of my built 2011 model.

I am not experiencing any of the burn-in or ghosting issues that have been reported...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox