Samsung taking on the Mac's Retina Display with new 276 PPI panel: Via iMore Blog

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Samsung taking on the Mac's Retina Display with new 276 PPI panel

Samsung taking on the Mac's Retina Display with new 276 PPI panel | iMore.com

Interesting... but with Apple moving away from Samsung as part of its supply chain, you won’t be able to get that screen on a MacBook Pro... so it’s no issue for me. I won’t go to the ChromeBook platform (nor will I head back to the Windows platform) for any reason in the foreseeable future, much less a laptop display ... so, as I said, it doesn’t interest or concern me in the least.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Interesting... but with Apple moving away from Samsung as part of its supply chain, you won’t be able to get that screen on a MacBook Pro... so it’s no issue for me. I won’t go to the ChromeBook platform (nor will I head back to the Windows platform) for any reason in the foreseeable future, much less a laptop display ... so, as I said, it doesn’t interest or concern me in the least.
Who needs it on the MacBook Pro? The retina display is amazing on it's own. It does not need the new Samsung display.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Who needs it on the MacBook Pro? The retina display is amazing on it's own. It does not need the new Samsung display.

That was pretty much my point. The MBP already has a retina option... and is it possible to be "more retina"? If you already can’t see the pixels in the retina display, the whole "Samsung has a new highER res screen" becomes a huge "meh" in my book.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
That was pretty much my point. The MBP already has a retina option... and is it possible to be "more retina"? If you already can?t see the pixels in the retina display, the whole "Samsung has a new highER res screen" becomes a huge "meh" in my book.

The samsung one pretty much has to be higher PPI given the type of screen it is. A PenTile AMOLED screen which looks like a screen door if you don't push for a higher ppi. But along with the higher res and power savings, you get lesser color accuracy, less brightness, less contrast, etc. An LCD screen is still preferable.

I would consider the samsung screen a big downgrade from the current retina screen on the MBP and not be sidetracked by the higher resolution.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The term "Lipstick on a pig." comes to mind...they'll end up slapping it on some piece of junk Windows based PC, and it'll have a really nice screen to view all blue screens on! ;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW