Long delay before going to sleep

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
So my MacBook had been taking an extremely long time when I try to put it to sleep. It's about a 30 second delay. Any reasons for this?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
As far as i know, the RAM contents are written to disk in case the computer loses power while asleep, so the slow down may be between the RAM and the actual HDD.

What are the specs of your computer?

charlotte91

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I know this may be a bit off, but have you printed anything recently on your mac? I know I had problems with mine once as it was delayed in going to sleep and found that it was because there was a printing queue on my mac and the one file hadn't actually printed and that was the cause of the delay.

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Holy cow! Sorry Sean, I was away for awhile and totally forgot to check this thread. I have the late 2011 15-inch model. it's got a 2.5 GHz i7 processor, 8 GB of 1333MHz DDR3 RAM, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB, and its also running 10.8.3

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I finally figured out the probably. It was a LaunchAgent causing the issue. And more specifically the BlackBerry Link application. I was testing one of the new BB10 devices and installed BB Link. Thankfully, the BB10 is no longer in my possession. Not that it wasn't great, it was, it just didn't suit my needs. So I deleted the files and uninstalled the app. All is well. Now I need to upgrade my HD to an SSD and swap out my optical for a second SSD, maybe boost up my RAM as well.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol...it's all good man, glad you figured out the issue. Applications and software can be so weird sometimes...and some of them are downright resource hogs, this is one of the reasons i quit using iPhoto, the application was not all that great to begin with, and it also made my computer unhappy when it would initialize and try to sync (and this was after my RAM upgrade and SSD installation on my last computer)...it was one of the first things I deleted when i got my retina model earlier this year.

Good luck with your upgrades, you can get some really good deals on SSD and RAM right now since school just let out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73