And so the mbp adventure begins . . =)

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
So my daughter will be graduating from high school next month, and her boss where she's worked the past 3 years says "pick out a laptop for college and it will be our gift to you; no limits". Wow, so today her 13" non retina mbp arrived . . she is thrilled, and I am jealous (but so happy for her ;-) ) Looking forward to learning the ways of the macworld!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So first I have to say that i have seen you around a bit so welcome. I think that is pretty darn cool for your daughter and her boss to do such thing, He must recognize the value of education and for him to do what he did was extra special. Congrats to you and your daughter. I am sure she will make her boss proud.

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have been hanging around the iphone5 forums because I want to move to a smartphone soon; I'm 95% sure I want an iphone but everytime I think I'm ready to pull the trigger I worry about buyers remorse cuz the bb's look so cool too - but I think I'm ready to move to something that just works after tinkering with rooting and modding my android tablet. So I'm wondering if having the mbp in the house might just push me over the edge ;-) you guys here on imore are fantastic!

Jag- I thought you became a mod?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So my daughter will be graduating from high school next month, and her boss where she's worked the past 3 years says "pick out a laptop for college and it will be our gift to you; no limits". Wow, so today her 13" non retina mbp arrived . . she is thrilled, and I am jealous (but so happy for her ;-) ) Looking forward to learning the ways of the macworld!

Wow congrats what a awesome boss.I would be Jealous also. I don't have a Mac myself yet plan to get a iMac sooner or later. But I do have a iPhone 5 and iPad 4 and numerous other models In the house hold. The way I look at it is now you need a iPhone or Mac to FaceTime your daughter at college. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Wow - what a wonderful thing! What kind of job has she been doing? Her boss sounds great! She will love that Mac.

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Wow - what a wonderful thing! What kind of job has she been doing? Her boss sounds great! She will love that Mac.

She scoops out stalls and does other barn chores for a small farm with horses and miniature donkeys; over the years she has been given increasing responsibilities as well. She has been accepted into the nursing program at our state university and wants to work on a maternity ward.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I have been hanging around the iphone5 forums because I want to move to a smartphone soon; I'm 95% sure I want an iphone but everytime I think I'm ready to pull the trigger I worry about buyers remorse cuz the bb's look so cool too - but I think I'm ready to move to something that just works after tinkering with rooting and modding my android tablet. So I'm wondering if having the mbp in the house might just push me over the edge ;-) you guys here on imore are fantastic!

After you use an iPhone combined with a Macbook...you'll wonder how anyone could do otherwise.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Jag- I thought you became a mod?

I was but was asked to go into a Pilot program which has been at AC for some time called the Ambassador Program that is a high up program with the big wigs that own MN so I am doing that at AC and because i was over here was asked to enter it here as well so i am very happy splitting my time between the 2 forums. I really like it and work with a great team of people in both places so it's all good. Thanks for asking though and good luck with your daughter. Keep up the great pics also. :)