MacBook 2,1 (Mid 2007) SSD Upgrade Question
I know that the mid 2007 macbook supports SATA, however, I'm looking to upgrade to a SSD and all the deals I find are for SATA III.
I know that data transfer wont be SATA III speeds but connection and compatibility wise, would I be fine??????
- 03-05-2013, 11:50 AM #2
- 03-05-2013, 12:22 PM #3
- 04-01-2015, 07:49 AM #4
Re: MacBook 2,1 (Mid 2007) SSD Upgrade Question
Sorry for hijacking the tread but I bet no one would now add anything about the OP...
I still have one of those prehistoric macbook2,1 and I already upgraded from the original 80GB HDD to a 500GB hybrid drive.
Now I'd like to upgrade to a 120GB SSD that I have around (OCZ ARC100) but apparently the drive is not recognized as an internal drive. The drives works fine on other machines (PC and Macs)...
I have no idea why this macbook cannot see this SSD? Even when booting holding down the tab key... The SSD won't show up. Any suggestion?
- 04-02-2015, 08:39 AM #5
- By CasinoK1D in forum iPhone 4Replies: 8Last Post: 06-07-2010, 08:16 AM
- By wdowell84 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 02-25-2010, 10:47 PM
- By fella74 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 6Last Post: 08-05-2009, 11:27 PM
- By aeleby in forum Carrier Discussion LoungeReplies: 5Last Post: 06-09-2009, 08:29 AM
- By hermdog in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 05-20-2009, 04:54 PM