- iMore Nanite
- 5 Posts
How to setup Outlook.com email in Mail app on 2015 MacBook Air
I use Outlook.com for email as well as contacts. I just received a 2015 MacBook Air where I'm trying to sync my email/contacts.
I tried setting up as Exchange but failed since I don't have an incoming or outgoing http address. I tried setting up as "other" and using a "mail" address, but that failed too since it says I already have the account (I'm assuming it's looking at my iCloud account which has the same handle as my outlook email address).
What solutions are there for me? I can't take full advantage of features like handoff or FaceTime as my contacts are in Outlook.com, nor can I view my email. I used the search feature but didn't find anything helpful.
- 03-17-2016, 12:36 PM #2
- 38,470 Posts
Re: How to setup Outlook.com email in Mail app on 2015 MacBook Air
Unless Outlook is already set up on your MacBook, selecting "other" and then entering your Outlook.com credentials should be sufficient. That's all I had to do to configure it on my old MacBook running the latest beta version of El Capitan.
- By iMore Question in forum MacBook ProReplies: 5Last Post: 04-23-2016, 11:33 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 03-17-2016, 05:34 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 03-15-2016, 11:09 PM
- By boovish in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 03-15-2016, 10:47 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-15-2016, 06:12 PM