Will there be a new Macbook Air this year?

Yusuru Otonashi

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I have a really slow laptop right now (but really it has continued to crash and cut off from the internet every other day). I was considering to buying a good laptop for college. I was thinking about a Macbook Air but I have seen other laptops that easily beat the Macbook with specs. That is why I was hoping for an Air laptop to come out and compete with the current laptops. Do you guys think it will be a while until a new Macbook Air is released? Would it be redesigned from the bottom and up or just with upgraded specs (like previous years)?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. Having said that, what's wrong with the current model iPad Air? Does it not suit your educational and personal computing needs? Don't get caught up in specs or make it primary decision maker or you may find yourself disappointed. Take the iPhone, for example. There are numerous non-Apple device with better specs, yet, the iPhone performs equal to or better than they do in numerous comparison tests. With that in mind, go to your nearest electronic store that sells MacBooks and test out the current crop of MBAs and then decide. If you keep waiting on the next best thing, you'll never get anything.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I was in need of a new laptop, couldn't wait for the 2016 models to be released. Bought a new MacBook Air 3 weeks ago. That thing is awesome!!!! Got the 4GB/256GB model and couldn't be happier.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Good deal! 2016 models will probably come with Skylake processors and some more incremental updates. I wouldn't expect anything to make the current Air models completely obsolete.

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
i purchased a brand new, never opened 2015 4gb 128gig mac air for only 799...would you all say i got a good deal on that and i can deff get a good amout of my money back if i say try and sell it next year for a 2017 model?

Malek Yamout

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Had you waited 2 more weeks you could have got 8 gb with the same price,  updated their MacBook airs so the base model has 8gb of ram not 4

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I'm holding out for either a 15" MBA (even if it's the last MBA they make) or a 15" MacBook. Lots of rumors about 15"-ers coming but it's still vaporware. I consider 15" the sweetspot for laptops with 13.3" the minimum. I'm loving the RAM bump to 8GB on the Air line but I'm not ready to ditch my 2010 13' 4GB current MBA because it's still working like a charm for me. And I REALLY really want a 15" model.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal