Macbook air won't charge & no light on charger, what do I do?

marktuck

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Macbook air won't charge & no light on charger

Hello

I have Macbook Air 2013 which was working fine yesterday, but running low on battery today. I plugged in the wall charger (which is a new one I got in July) and suddenly my screen went black and the charge light wouldn't come on. So, I unplugged the charger and then my screen came back. Plugged in the charger again and the screen went black again. I restarted my computer and still same problem. I even shut down and rebooted but the same problem. Of course, I didn't back up my files so I scrambled to transfer some to our portable hard drive but I was on reserve power and the transfer did not complete. So, now I have a dead computer. I even just tried the charger of a friend with an Mac Book Air but her charger didn't work for me either. So, now I have just plugged my charger in with the hope that it will mysteriously start working again -still no light showing.

Is there any suggestion how this problem can be fixed or any reference to the nearby computer repair service station So I can get my MacBook fixed

I live in Westbourne Grove, London.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Macbook air won't charge & no light on charger

Welcome to iMore! Have you tried resetting your system management controller (SMC)?
Instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295
It's very important that you perform the steps in "Before resetting the SMC" prior to actually resetting it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner