Thinking of getting the macbook air 2015 11inch just a few questions... First Time user

miguel11691#WP

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I have never owned an apple laptop of any kind and i would like to get the macbook air 11 inch model i saw for 845 with my employee discount at amazon... i was wondering if the base model will last me at least 2 or 3 years with out getting sluggish at all.. i hate windows now... what are your takes.. is it worth the money... im need a very portable computer with zero lag

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Nice price for that.
Make sure you're comfortable with the 11" vs 13"
Also, if you can afford it, consider getting 8GB of ram.
If you choose 4GB you can not upgrade later to 8.
Great laptop, I've had mine several years & is still doing the he job for me.
Good Luck

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree with TurboTiger - if you can afford more RAM, do (that goes with any computer, regardless of OS, as you know) and similarly, grabbing more storage - 256 rather than 128.

That said, I moved to Mac (and the 4 RAM / 128GB SSD mid-2011 Air) from PCs when Microsoft went to Win8 - and, after the learning curve dealt with, I have been perfectly happy with it. Storage was a concern for me when I was first looking at them, but now I have a whack of documents, hundreds of photos, ditto music and 25 videos onboard - and still have 35GB free. Backups and stuff I use less regularly I have on a partitioned portable external drive.

Despite the 4 RAM, it doesn't struggle all that often, but then, I don't try and do any heavy-duty processor-heavy computing, like video editing. As with TurboTiger, it does the job for me!

Last edited:

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I just picked up a 2015 Air, and although I thought the 11" model was pretty cool and would be perfect for stuffing into my luggage for traveling...but for any other use, it was just too tiny for me personally. Frankly, the 13" screen is borderline small for me...but it works great, and it's still so light and thin that it's effortlessly portable.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner