Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

35 Posts

Default Can macbook air handle adobe cc?

hi, i'm graphic designer that working with photoshop, illustrator and indesign for my work, and sometimes playing with after effect and premiere pro. right now i'm using lenovo z400 with core-i3 ivy bridge, 8gb dual channel memory, 250gb samsung ssd 840 evo and 500gb hdd that i use hdd caddy to swap out my optical drive since i'm not using it anyway...

so i want to switch to mac since with my current configuration i find some lag, slow down and hang when working with these app (photoshop,illustrator and indesign) together at the same time.

i know the best bet is going all the way into macbook pro, but like many people out there, macbook pro is just to expensive, so i want to know is macbook air with base configuration memory (4gb since i find no way to order 8gb one) can handle my workflow? is it gonna be much-much way better performance than my current laptop?