- 01-09-2016, 04:58 AM #2
- 01-09-2016, 05:27 AM #4
- 01-09-2016, 05:32 AM #5
After doing a little research for you it appears this is a known issue so hopefully Apple has a fix for it soon. One more thing to check though if you haven't already: Make sure "block all incoming connections" isn't turned on in Security and Privacy preferences. AirDrop will not work if this setting is enabled.
- 01-09-2016, 05:46 AM #7
How large of files are you trying to transfer? You could always email them to yourself or use a cloud service like DropBox. It's in no way ideal though.
Hopefully someone else around here has a fix that we haven't thought of. My knowledge is limited as I haven't experienced this issue.
Re: Any tips on getting AirDrop to work between my MacBook (OS X El Capitan) and my iOS devices?
Checked security like you said it was off. The issue is with El Capitan. The local Apple store said many people are having the same complaint. Some files are large so drop box not really a option. Just have to wait I guess
- 01-09-2016, 10:14 AM #9
- By iMore Question in forum iPad AirReplies: 1Last Post: 01-08-2016, 10:49 PM
- By iMore Question in forum MacBook AirReplies: 2Last Post: 01-08-2016, 02:57 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iMessageReplies: 1Last Post: 01-08-2016, 10:48 AM
- By Hudak E in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 1Last Post: 01-08-2016, 07:53 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-07-2016, 07:05 PM