MacBook Air 2015 transfer from Windows to Mac can't reset the password
I just brought a new MacBook Air 2015 and I transfer my files from the windows to Mac. Everything transfer successfully once it reboot and came up into the log in screen the computer says to reset the password before I'm able to log into the MacBook account. The problems is the Mac would not take any passwords that I was trying to create. So I did a command plus r and reinstall the OS X but it still boot back up to the same screen of resetting the password. So now I did a easer the to hard drive and installing the OS X again. Any subject as to why I am not able to reset the password or even getting into the MacBook. What should I do? I haven't purchase the apple care yet because the MacBook was a gift to me and they brought the Mac from online. If I take it into the store so u think Apple will help me set this Mac up and log in. Needing some help I'm new to OS system .
- 12-13-2015, 06:01 AM #2iMore Expert
- 799 Posts
Re: MacBook Air 2015 transfer from Windows to Mac can't reset the password
It sound as if "firmware protection" is enable on that computer.
To verify it, follow up these instructions:
1. Shut down your Mac.
2. Start up your Mac again and immediately hold the Command and R keys after you hear the startup sound to start from OS X Recovery.
3. When the Recovery window appears, choose Firmware Password Utility from the Utilities menu.
In the Firmware Utility window that appears, check if you have the option to click to "Turn On Firmware Password"
If yes the "Turn on Firmware Password" is enable then there is no Firmware Password in the computer, otherwise that mean the computer in Firmware protected.
Hope this can help you figure out what's the issue with setting your password into that computer.
- By craftEcowgirl in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 18Last Post: 12-13-2015, 08:28 PM
Whatsapp suddenly asks to verify my phone number, when i do that its says it cant connect to whatsapBy iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-12-2015, 05:09 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-12-2015, 05:01 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-11-2015, 07:32 PM