Thinking of Boot Camping Windows 10, or run virtually?

Graham Lee77

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking of putting Windows 10 on my Early 2015 Air. I think it will run it ok, either as dual boot or virtually.

I've got the 2.2Ghz Core I7 with 8gb RAM.

My only concerns are the SSD space I have.

I've only got the 250Gb SSD which is currently 138Gb free, so I'm not sure how much of a partition to give Windows if I went dual boot with Boot Camp, or what performance would be like running it through VMware Fusion or Parallels.

I'm favouring a virtual setup to hopefully save disk space and be able to switch quickly between Mac and Windows Apps rather than having to reboot.

Would love to hear any suggestions, or thoughts from people who have gone down either route with similar spec.

Thanks

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of putting Windows 10 on my Early 2015 Air. I think it will run it ok, either as dual boot or virtually.

I've got the 2.2Ghz Core I7 with 8gb RAM.

My only concerns are the SSD space I have.

I've only got the 250Gb SSD which is currently 138Gb free, so I'm not sure how much of a partition to give Windows if I went dual boot with Boot Camp, or what performance would be like running it through VMware Fusion or Parallels.

I'm favouring a virtual setup to hopefully save disk space and be able to switch quickly between Mac and Windows Apps rather than having to reboot.

Would love to hear any suggestions, or thoughts from people who have gone down either route with similar spec.

Thanks

Windows 10 Key logs everything and sends it to Microsoft. I would stay clear Sounds Crazy but its actually in the Terms and Conditions that no body reads.
I did not believe it until i googled it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
IfI were going to do this that you propose your question to I would lean towards Boot Camp for free as opposed to paying for the virtual app from the Mac Store. It might be a bit more work but Bot Camp is built into Mac for this reason.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro