How can I get my 2014 Macbook Air working?

twilite2000

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
2014 macbook air not working

Tapping the power key turns on the macbook air and I hear the apple music plays but screen is black. Also the keys are hot. Tried booting into safe mode and nothing. HELP.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: 2014 macbook air not working

You might have your flash drive or flash memory going bad or even because you say hot fan not working attempting to cool down the bad parts I mentioned. I would visit your Apple store with a MBA - I would if it happened to mine.

twilite2000

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
2014 macbook air not working (PROBLEM FIXED)

I was going online to make a genius bar appt and dreading it since the nearest apple store is over 2 hours away. So I decided to call apple support. I'm so glad I did. Here's the fix. Hit the power button. Immediately press and hold the option key, command key, the p key and r key all at the same time. Keep holding until you hear the apple tone twice there are a few seconds between the two tones so don't let go. Once you have heard both tones release the keys and a third tone will occur. This should bring you to your sign on screen. I believe this reset the system management controller. All is well again in my house. This computer was actually a gift to my 13 year old autistic son from his grandparents and he was all to pieces thinking he had broke it. This computer is his world and he would have been lost without it. This is a good endorsement for Apple Care. Apple support was wonderful. Thanks Trish from Apple support you are a life saver. I hope this fix helps others who may experience this sort of glitch.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73