Idiots at Iphix ruined my computer, help!

hfarah

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I've never really written on a forum like this but I really don't know what to do with the situation I'm in right now so I thought I would give it a try.

I spilled liquid on my MacBook Air some time ago and took it in to Apple to be fixed. I was told it could be fixed, was quoted a price but that it needed to be kept for weeks because there was a back log of computers needing repair. Unfortunately, this was around exam time and everything I needed to study was on my computer. At this point my laptop was working fine save a few keys, but it was completely accessible with an external keyboard. After exams were over I made the mistake of taking it into Iphix to look at hoping maybe the price was going to be cheaper. Big mistake! Those idiots kept it for a month without working on it and in the end told me it was not fixable. I took it back to Apple, regretting I'd even went to a third party, and in the end I was told it couldnt be serviced because there were "missing parts" and "things not plugged in where they should be."

Now I'm stuck. Apple won't fix it because someone else touch it, and I don't want to take it back to those monkeys at Iphix because they clearly don't know what they're doing.

Does anyone have any ideas on what can be done?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
First, you'll have to find another place to perform the repair. Second, be thankful you have the opportunity to learn this valuable life lesson: more often than not, you get what you pay for.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I would go back to iPhix and demand they bring the laptop back in the state they've received it from you.
And you could also ask for some money because you weren't able to use it because of their actions.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For future reference, please understand that water and electronics equals disaster. Sometimes the effects of water damage is not immediately present, but then all of a sudden weird stuff starts happening randomly and then more often until the device becomes useless. Now, in regard to your situation, you can, as Tartarus suggested, go back and demand that the company you referenced fix it or at least attempt to get it back to a workable state. I doubt they'll be able to, but it's worth a try. Your best bet, however, is to make preparations to get the device replaced with a new or refurbished one.

Lrover

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Once you spill liquid on your laptop, the logic board needs to be replaced due to circuits fried! If it was still under warranty by Apple, and you took it to an un-authorized Apple dealer, Apple won't warrant it any longer! Obviously these idiots opened the bottom casing, disconnected cables and couldn't figure it out!

Lrover

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
This company you took it too to have it repaired, obviously should have informed you that they were not Apple Authorized Dealers, if your Mac is still under warranty, theses techs have to have a ACMT certifications, these are only issued by Apple if you pass the tests, however, you knowing it still being under warranty, it was your responsibility to call Apple and inform them about the issue.

Lrover

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Then again, Apple does not warrant any spills on your keyboards. As an ACMT as myself, Apple would have known that liquid was spilled due to the fact that there are liquid indicators on the inside casing that change colors that you clearly observe once you remove the logic board.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Then again, Apple does not warrant any spills on your keyboards. As an ACMT as myself, Apple would have known that liquid was spilled due to the fact that there are liquid indicators on the inside casing that change colors that you clearly observe once you remove the logic board.

Would they refuse to fix it as out of warranty?

I think the OP unfortunately does have to find a reputable service alternative.

Hope it works out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods