How can I translate my MBA 11 inch HDD vs MBA 13 inch HDD real life speed?

I

iMore Question

MBA 11 inch HDD vs MBA 13 inch HDD real life speed

I've read that the macbook air 13 inch has a HDD that is twice as fast as the 11 inch. How does that translate in real life usage? How much slower/faster is that going to be?

I like the size of the 11 inch, but I don't like the fact that I'm getting a much slower HDD.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: MBA 11 inch HDD vs MBA 13 inch HDD real life speed

Are you going to be using the computer for anything where a little HDD speed difference will matter? If not, chose your preferable form factor.

bnym1980

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Well my question was how little a difference will twice the speed of the 13 inch hdd make to the overall performance and user experience of the computer itself? Is it negligible?

I won't be using it for photoshop or anything of that sort or video editing. But if it enhances the speed to something very noticeable with the running of apps, etc, then I might consider the 13 inch just for that. Just can't find any research online how double the speed impacts the computer as a whole.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

MacBook Air's have flash storage drives not platter drives there's no speed involved like a 5400 or 7200 rpm of a platter drive.
Do you mean the speed of the processor?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

bnym1980

May 6, 2015
Visit site

I mean the speed of the read and the write to and from the hdd. The reviews all say that the 13 inch has double the speed of read and write to the 11 inch.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

If you aren't using it for any disk intensive processing like video or audio editing it may not be a big deal. I do pro audio editing on a 2014 MacBook Air and it runs great for that.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner