- 03-09-2015, 07:00 PM #2
- 03-09-2015, 07:57 PM #3
- 03-11-2015, 02:02 PM #4
- 03-11-2015, 03:40 PM #5
- 03-11-2015, 03:43 PM #6iMore Pro
- 533 Posts
Re: New Macbook Air.
I would not take the new Macbook Retina over the Pro. The extra 128 GB of storage it packs is not worth the performance hits. The Pro is pretty silent unless you start running more taxing apps like games, which the MBr will choke and sputter on. Weight, well I guess that might be a fair argument but do people really find the 13'' Macbook Pros heavy? I'd like to give them my old 15.4'' VAIO PCG-K23 from when I was in college. That thing was a beast!
The design is cool as heck though. I hope some of that bleeds over into the Pro. I want a gold colored Pro!
- 03-12-2015, 06:01 AM #7iMore Intermediate
- 267 Posts
Re: New Macbook Air.
Reviews suggest it is less capable than the Air and it has only one port for all external (non-wifi / Thunderport) peripherals and, oh yeah, power. It will come with a power dongle adapter, but otherwise needs an additional $US79 dongle to accommodate peripherals.
Looking more like an iPad without actually admitting they're actually going there, competing with Surface Pro or wishing to cannibalize their 'real computers / OS.
- 03-13-2015, 04:59 AM #8iMore Pro
- 631 Posts
Should I buy the New Macbook Air?
I wouldn't buy the new MacBook. If I was going to spend that much money I'd rather buy the MacBook Pro. It's more powerful and has more options for connectivity. To me the new MacBook is more like an iPad with a keyboard attached. I already have the iPad Air 2 so I'd rather just buy a good keyboard case if I was hankering after something like the new MacBook. I'm not in the market for a laptop as I already have a MBA.
My computing needs are only light which is why I went with the MBA. It's fast, powerful enough for my uses, has enough ports for connectivity and is light and portable. I find the screen good enough. If I didn't have a laptop I'd go for a MBA again as it's the one that best suits my needs.
- 03-16-2015, 08:30 AM #9iMore Beginner
- 74 Posts
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-09-2015, 05:21 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-09-2015, 04:30 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-09-2015, 03:40 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-09-2015, 03:30 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-09-2015, 02:40 PM