My MBA is running out of space, what should I do?

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: running out of space on mba

I don't own a MacBook Air as of yet so I don't know this from experience. If you can upgrade the memory I might be buying one soon!!!

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

Thank you. Yes the ssd not the ram is apparently upgradeable. Wonder if that includes the newest MBPr and mba

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Thank you. Yes the ssd not the ram is apparently upgradeable. Wonder if that includes the newest MBPr and mba

Most likely, eventually. As Apple changes the design and the specs, it will take the aftermarket sources a while to catch up with new versions of their own.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they totally borked the app.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site

You can NOT upgrade the memory in a MacBook Air (it's soldered in place). You CAN upgrade the SSD storage via third party solutions, which is what your link shows. #clarification

I think macbook air mid 2013 's ssd storage can't be upgrade by 3rd party as well

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I think macbook air mid 2013 's ssd storage can't be upgrade by 3rd party as well

The SSD is not soldered in, so it can be upgraded. As stated above, you may not (yet) be able to find a third party SSD for this due to the design changes, but sooner or later, they will come.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73