Can you recommend a protective covering for a new MacBook Air?

Yellow Beard

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

My Daughter is receiving a MBA 13" i7 next week. We have been looking at different options to protect the device from scratches, scuffs, etc. I'm leaning towards a full body decal like the ones from Decal Girl and a sleeve to put it into for transport in her backpack. The sleeve that seems to afford reasonable protection is the Thule Gauntlet. Interested in some feedback on what people are using. This is her first laptop and will be using it for university courses.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

My Daughter is receiving a MBA 13" i7 next week. We have been looking at different options to protect the device from scratches, scuffs, etc. I'm leaning towards a full body decal like the ones from Decal Girl and a sleeve to put it into for transport in her backpack. The sleeve that seems to afford reasonable protection is the Thule Gauntlet. Interested in some feedback on what people are using. This is her first laptop and will be using it for university courses.

Speck cases.

Best MacBook Air Case | MacBook Accessories | Speck Products

Yellow Beard

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks HankAz for the feedback on Speck Cases. What is the feel out there for these? I have seen the reviews, but have also seen a lot of negative reviews that they are prone to cracking and clips break off. Are these people just a select few?

Has anyone had experience with some of the vinyl kits? Curious on how they hold up.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks HankAz for the feedback on Speck Cases. What is the feel out there for these? I have seen the reviews, but have also seen a lot of negative reviews that they are prone to cracking and clips break off. Are these people just a select few?

Has anyone had experience with some of the vinyl kits? Curious on how they hold up.

I’ve never used the vinyl kits. I have had the Speck cases on all of my MacBook Pro and MacBook Air computers - a total of 4 different devices. I had one cover where one of the clips broke, and Speck replaced it free of charge. I can't speak for anyone else, but my experience has been positive in every respect. I purchased another brand when I got my 13" MBA, but it didn’t fit right, and kept coming off. I returned it and bought a Speck case. Again, it’s just my personal experience, but it is extremely positive.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I use a Speck cover - soft matte black in my instance. I like the additional grip it affords me and it adds very little in the way of bulk. That said, it travels in my satchel in a padded sleeve, which stays in the satchel.

ChamNG

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I got this black matt case for my MBA 13" from Amazon. It fits nicely, and protects from scratches. Doesn't add bulk to the MBA. Cost me $12, shipping included. I like the smooth finish of it and the logo shines through the cover. Simple & classy!
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413855401.927175.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413855419.759214.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413855435.462574.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73