Hook your Macbook Air up to a 20 inch monitor and you have a Mac Pro.

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
This is what I've been doing recently. With having this huge screen real estate, I feel that it gives basically the same effect. I feel like I have either an iMac or a Mac Pro or Macbook Pro.

Has anyone else been doing this and enjoying the results?

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I had toyed with the idea of buying a Macbook Air and doing this. My issue is that my current laptop is 11.6'' and while I'm fine with that size on a cheap portable laptop, I feel like if I bought an Apple computer, I'd want something larger since I'd already be in a grand anyway. I think I'll end up settling on a Mac Mini and using my chromebook to remote into my Mac.

At any rate, I do dock my current laptop (11.6'' Samsung Chromebook) into a 24'' 1080p LED Samsung monitor and the results are pretty fantastic. The laptop's built-in display kind of sucks (bad viewing angles, bad colors) but it is adequate for mobile work. The external monitor as amazing for when I'm at home and need a better display because I'm watching movies or messing with photos or w/e

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
You got really great points. I have it connected to a 20 inch I believe. And it's like they 1920 display.

Just to have all that screen space is great. But I'm wondering if the iMacs and Mac Pros displays are retina?

And will it give you almost the same effect? As far as scale goes, everything from my pictures to everything else plays in very HD.

All on my teeny little MacBook Air, which makes it feel even more powerful. Think about that concept.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
That is why I bought an 11 inch MBA. I have a 21 inch 1080p monitor with keyboard and mouse on my desk where I usually use my !machine. When I have to move around a lot nothing beats my. Ultra portable MBA.

I Dont know about it being a Pro though. LOL

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2