Macbook Air Static

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I've been using a Macbook Air (13", 2011) for almost two years now and just recently I've been feeling strong static from the sides of the trackpad and on the left side of the keyboard as well when it's charging. Based on what I found out, it's due to using a 2 pin adapter which isn't properly earthed? I live in Korea and my Macbook did not come with a 3 pin adapter so I was wondering if I get the world travel adapter kit (it includes the 3 pin adapter) from the Apple store, will this solve my problem? I've been to several Apple stores but the people working there told me there's nothing I can do about it which is strange. I need to fix this problem because the static hurts a lot.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is the first I've ever heard of such a thing happening. Have you talked to other people where you live who has a MacBook Air to see if they are experiencing the same thing? I'm sort of surprised at the Apple Store's response. Is it possible that the 2-pin adapter is faulty? Have you tried using a different one?

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My sister uses a Macbook Pro and she's experiencing the same problem as well. I have several adapters and have tried it but I still experience the same problem. The only solution I'm seeing from other forums is to use a UK 3 pin adapter but I can only get it through Apple's travel adapter kit and I want to make sure it works well before buying one because it's not a cheap purchase.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods