macbook air or ipad 5?

epol4ever

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
hi...m somewhat new here...m in a quandary on what to buy this xmas...just love apple too much...as a reward for myself this holidays...i want an apple product...upgrade to an ipad 5 or coz presently i have the ipad 4 or get the the 2013 MBA?...love the the integration of ios n osx products...whatever gadgets i hold on to datas are readily available...presently ihave the iphone 5, ipad 4, and the mbp...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Peter Cohen

iMore staff
Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Do you want a full-featured general purpose computer or a computing device? That's the question you need to ask yourself. An iPad isn't a substitute for a computer, it's a complementary device.

What's more, Apple hasn't announced a fifth-generation iPad yet, so you may be waiting a while.

epol4ever

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Do you want a full-featured general purpose computer or a computing device? That's the question you need to ask yourself. An iPad isn't a substitute for a computer, it's a complementary device.

What's more, Apple hasn't announced a fifth-generation iPad yet, so you may be waiting a while.

...sir peter its almost certain that they would be announcing it soon(the ipad5)...just love the feel n quality of apple products n its ios n osX...n on special occassion just want to reward myself with quality apple products though some functions are somewhat redundant...wanting to have an htc one months ago n almost buy one but everything i think of os integration apple's the best...cant have both the MBA n ipad5 at the same time...:)...budget constraint...:)...another question sir peter is too much luxury if i've been dreaming to have a full line up of apple products...:)... I want to have the mac, rMBP, MBA, ipad, iphone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
You'll see what September has to offer, of course.

If things happen as expected, I'd say the 2013 Macbook Air, now that it has 12-14 hours of battery life. Can go to any coffee shop and sit anywhere & not worry about power.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I would say go with the Air. Much as I like my iPad, I have not been able to completely cut myself from a computer. :)

Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
....does an 11 inch mba b 2 heavy 2 carry around?...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Light as a feather
I agree with some of the other posters. If you already have an iPad, I'd go for the MBA. Unless you were planning to sell your iPad to buy the iPad5 or help payt for the MBA. The MBA ain't cheap!

Good luck

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
MacBook Air. The iPad won't do everything you may want to do, but the MBA can do it all.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2