How can I get my Mac Blu Ray Player working?

I

iMore Question

Mac Blu Ray Player

Doesn't load disc. Continues to says Loading disc "Please Wait", but nothing happens, also can't quit the program and have to shut laptop down

Antony Miles

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Mac Blu Ray Player

Hi Ambassador,

Sorry for my rather vague question, I had several tabs open and thought I was asking a question on the web site i was trying the software out from. Have now just Joined you good folks at iMore. I was trying the Aiseesoft blu ray player on my macbook pro. But can't get it to load the disc. The software hangs and becomes unresponsive. I've loaded normal DVD OK, Thinking if it's just not a great player, and to try something else instead

Thanks again

Antony Miles

May 24, 2015
Visit site

Having a short attention span, I gave up on Aiseesoft and downloaded the Aurora Blu ray player instead. Seems to be working OK, so will give a try instead. Thanks again for trying to help

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Having a short attention span, I gave up on Aiseesoft and downloaded the Aurora Blu ray player instead. Seems to be working OK, so will give a try instead. Thanks again for trying to help

I'm glad you found some software that works for you. . . . And by the way, welcome to iMore; it's very nice to have you as a member of the community.

Gelon Jones

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site

Sometimes, the BR drive and BR disc also have problems. You'd better ask the support team of Mac Blu-ray Player for help.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

BD playback is pretty buggy on OS X because Apple will not support it natively. This article by Macworld is a pretty good overview of the issues with Apple, OS X, and bluray playback. It also offers some software suggestions.

FWIW I use the OWC Slim BD Player and Macgo Blu-ray Player. Both work pretty good for me but I've gotten into buying all my media digitally over the past couple years so I don't use it that frequently, mostly just for BDs I borrow from my dad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2