- iMore Guru
- 1,957 Posts
Confused about the"time capsule " feature on my MacBook
What's good people.
I'm having a dilemma with the time machine feature on my MacBook. I'm pretty unfamiliar with it, so what I did was buy an external hard drive due to limited space ( 225pcel flash storage). I made a back up on my time machine which was over 100gigs, which was expected but I also noticed that the back up also took space on my MacBook.
I'm confused to why it used space on both my external hardrive and my mac.
Am I missing something?
Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
- 06-16-2014, 05:43 AM #2
Re: Confused about the"time capsule " feature on my MacBook
Time machine has a feature that backs up to your internal hard drive when the external drive isn't available. When the external drive is available, the internal storage used is cleared out.
There's a way to disable this behavior. I don't remember what it is other than that it is a command you enter in Terminal. Search google for disabling local time machine backup.
- 06-16-2014, 09:16 AM #3
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 83Last Post: 10-02-2016, 09:12 PM
- By blessed2bamommie in forum AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 06-15-2014, 05:20 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-15-2014, 05:00 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-15-2014, 01:19 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-15-2014, 01:10 PM