Are you going to buy the new Mac Pro?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I really want one but I think that is the allure of the beautiful products Apple makes. I had the same feeling when the new iMacs were out and I still don't have one of those. There are so many computers in my house plus the fact I just got a Mid 2012 RMBP there is no way I could buy this unless I won the lottery. Well I could buy it I just couldn't bring it home lol my wife would just give me a cold stare and I'd know better and take it back. It's fun to dream though I'd love to have one but even in my dreams I don't have anything to really justify having this and I'd get a 27" iMac instead.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
No thanks. Bought a used Mac Pro desktop and saved a bundle of cash. My Mac Pro has this thing called "internal expansion", that the R2D2 edition Mac Pro will not have. Perhaps I'll reconsider the R2D2 edition, when I get rich. That won't be today.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I am going to fill my MacPro 1,1 with 32GB of ram and crush big numbers as well as data, music production and video production (IN HD) and have four, 1TB hard drive's worth of storage before I begin plugging in two SSD's and ultimately move OS functions to the SSD's. Save the HDD's for the storage. And that's INSIDE of the box!!! Outside, is a whole other discussion, but I can get max done within the box before plugging into any array's. No, I can't go up to Maverick's on it, or even Mountain Lion, but I can safely get to Lion and everything I've Got works with Lion. So I'm set. Once Thunderbolt becomes mainstream the trash can edition may become some sort of collector's item or something.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2