C'mon...Whose got or getting a Mac Pro?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Of all the people who frequent the iMore forums, somebody somewhere has a Mac Pro. C'mon...fess up!...:) For those of you who are unfamiliar with it, check it out HERE.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Oh Dang. That's messed up...;)....Still, there has got to be somebody somewhere that has one.

Actually, my statement was incorrect. I checked the Mac Rumors site and see that the Mac Pro was last updated in June 2012. Not sure what the update was, but the fact remains that I don’t have one. :(

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I'd love a Mac Pro, but I can build a windows machine for 1/4 of the cost with the same specs. Call me cheap.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Just don't see the need for it. The only people that need this crazy kind of power are Hollywood movie folks. The iMac and MacBook Pro's have as much power as anyone could ever need.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd love a Mac Pro, but I can build a windows machine for 1/4 of the cost with the same specs. Call me cheap.

I hear ya, my friend, and a lot of people feel the exact same way. It doesn't make you cheap, it makes you technologically astute and financially responsible...:D

Peter Cohen

iMore staff
Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the Mac Pro was updated at the same time the Retina MacBook Pro was introduced. It was a very minor refresh, just a processor bump.

Peter Cohen

iMore staff
Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I think it's dangerous to assume that because you can't see a use case for something, that there isn't a use case for something. The Mac Pro fits a specific need, that's for sure, but it's not limited to "Hollywood movie folks."

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Now that the new Mac Pro was introduced via the WWDC 2013 Keynote, who is now thinking about getting one?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would be willing to comment that the naysayers who called the Mac Pro dead and a dying piece of expensive hardware would not own up to having one or would be one. I mention this because it now shows the Apple has made a commitment that even though still expensive, Not to let this computer die and the fact that they have come up with an inside out new design shows me that they something in the market research to give them the OK to put their Mac Pro team on it to bring a new breed of Mac pro to the market.

Read about it and let everyone know your opinion no matter what it is but let's all get together and talk about it.

A closer look at the new Mac Pro | iMore.com

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I would be willing to comment that the naysayers who called the Mac Pro dead and a dying piece of expensive hardware would not own up to having one or would be one. I mention this because it now shows the Apple has made a commitment that even though still expensive, Not to let this computer die and the fact that they have come up with an inside out new design shows me that they something in the market research to give them the OK to put their Mac Pro team on it to bring a new breed of Mac pro to the market.

Read about it and let everyone know your opinion no matter what it is but let's all get together and talk about it.

A closer look at the new Mac Pro | iMore.com

Apple has designed the Mac Pro to be a conversation piece, in my opinion. In other words, both business and personal users who are looking for the wow factor, aesthetically, in a business-class device has found it in the new Mac Pro.

davidliu

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Love it, but not getting it cos i wont be utilizing it to the max:D
Great design though, and certainly a game-changer in the way we see computers.
My first Mac was the G4 Cube when it first came out, and now i don't know what to do with it! Which reminds me to start a thread about the Cube?

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I wanna if there is any user serviceable stuff like RAM, etc that I can upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 while driving in reverse

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I think it's dangerous to assume that because you can't see a use case for something, that there isn't a use case for something. The Mac Pro fits a specific need, that's for sure, but it's not limited to "Hollywood movie folks."

I'm curious what the intended use case is for this thing? Not being argumentative, just curious.

While the specs would be awesome for playing games, a hardcore gaming PC could be built for much cheaper (and upgrade-able).

I keep thinking the the primary use case is high end video and photo editing, both of which are very resource intensive, and I'm guessing that the best apps for doing this tend to be on the Mac platform.

Or I'm guessing either of the above, and a person really REALLY loves the Mac platform and willing to pay the higher price vs. a PC equivalent, which I find reasonable.

I love the concept of the Mac Pro (both old and new version), but it just seems to have a fairly narrow niche in my view. I could be wrong though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lingtingzhiyin988