Why does my AirPort Utility Internet indicator go yellow intermittently?

SimpleAsItSeems

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi, iMore friends! I've got an Apple Airport Express and an Arris cable internet modem. Intermittently my "Internet" indicator in the AirPort Utility will turn yellow. I can watch the indicator and see it go from green to flashing a quick yellow, then back to green. Sometimes it's just a steady yellow for minutes or hours. Sometimes internet will not work, sometimes it will, but it's inconsistent and strange. Trying to pinpoint the problem. I've tried rebooting each device, tried a different Ethernet cable between the devices and even tried resetting my AE to default settings. Replacement modem is on the way from my ISP but trying to rule out a faulty AE. Has anyone else had this experience?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried going from your modem to computer without the AE? Then if the computer shows the same symptoms, it will be your modem and not the AE. Just another suggestion to try.

SimpleAsItSeems

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey, firedept10! I connected my MBP directly to my modem and didn't have any issues with speed or anything else. I got a replacement modem and found that the internet icon going yellow is doing the same thing, back and forth for no reason. The connection doesn't seem too shoddy right now but the indicator is still flopping and I just got the replacement.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner