Airport express 2nd generation problem - dropping speed

maurinho217

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys.

I got an airport express connected to a 20mb fiber Internet. I was using it already, so I did a factory reset and setup as new.

But it is dropping the connection speed constantly, usually in my bedroom I get 17 to 18mb ( the router is in my office, next to my room), but sometimes during the day all I can get is 5 to 6 mb. It is not a Internet problem, because when I connect the Ethernet cable on my MBP, it works flawlessly, reaching 20mb or even more, with no drops.

I have a guest network, but I already tried to turn it off, but the speed keeps dropping.

I already changed the channels from automatic to channels that no one near me is using ( via iStumble, I think).

There are no more than 6 devices connected at the same time on my network, and there are times that I get full speed with all devices connected, and get a crappy speed connection with just my iPhone connected to it.

If someone got an idea please let me know, I am about to buy from another brand, because this pissing me off.

TL;DR: airport express not working properly,keeps dropping my connection speed , did a factory reset and all that I can imagine and found here, but it keeps slowing it down ( cabled connection works fine).

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobmavric

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. I use it as extender in my room but I have no idea why it uses 802.11g instead of N while my Time Capsule and AirPort Extreme use N channel. This causes very low speed. As I checked, it takes 35 minutes to copy a 2Gb file from my Mac Pro to external hard drive connected to Time Capsule, while it takes 4 minutes only when I remove Airport Express from the network.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen