ReBooting Airport Extreme
I have an Airport Extreme 802.11.ac version 7.7.2 for my home network that flawlessly connects 12 clients (devices) with some of those being quite a distance from the base station. I'm very impressed with the strong signal!
Last night I could not see any devices other than the one I was currently using. I wanted to share the solution because in researching I found numerous suggested solutions that ranged from toothpicks, unplugging to hmm who knows what...lol they may have worked for various issues but this is what I did;
On iPhone select the Airport Utility App Icon > Edit > Advanced > Restart Base Station
It was advised you may have to enter your Base Station password but I was never prompted to do so...
Viola!! All my Wemo devices reappeared, laptops, iPads, and desktops are all friendly again with each other and I am a very Happy Camper!!
- 02-08-2014, 03:33 PM #2
- 02-27-2014, 06:18 PM #4
- By Kashan Osama in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 7Last Post: 01-27-2014, 03:46 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-23-2014, 10:10 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 01-23-2014, 06:59 AM
- By tylerw054 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-19-2014, 02:46 PM
- By coltsbr in forum Mac PeripheralsReplies: 9Last Post: 01-17-2014, 06:50 PM