macOS Sierra Apple Store not updating

Coffee4ever

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Later today around the time of the event, my late 2012 Mac mini running the current up to date Sierra 10.12.1 showed 5 updates in my App Store icon in the dock.

So I clicked on the App Store and went to the updates tab but nothing showed, yet still has the red number 5 in the top. I logged out and logged into admin user and same thing, I am std user. I reset the NVRAM, restarted many times. I don't know what's going on. Is anyone else having this issue?

First time I opened the App Store earlier when nothing was showing, I went to the purchased tab and saw Aperture was updating there or downloading. Its still showing 5 on the App Store icon in my dock. Wish I knew what was going on. I searched all over online and can't find anything. I checked apple's site and don't see any updates that came out today either. Sorry the image is small just shows 5 updates but nothing in the update window.

Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 10.19.40 PM.png

Last edited:

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Your not the only one. I am having the same issue. Mine is showing 7 updates in notifications but will not update allowing me to do the updates available to me. I can only assume Apple's servers are the problem. I suggest trying tomorrow.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Your not the only one. I am having the same issue. Mine is showing 7 updates in notifications but will not update allowing me to do the updates available to me. I can only assume Apple's servers are the problem. I suggest trying tomorrow.

Same here, showing 5.

bjtr73

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
same here.
if i do
sudo softwareupdate -l
i got a list of some apps to be updated. But it doesn't match the number shown.
the update can be done by
sudo softwareupdate -i -a
but this installs only a few updates .....

Coffee4ever

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Thank you to everyone who replied, this helps calm my fears. I wonder what's going on. I did a clone with CCC a few days ago so I could always go back to that. I think it was before the major updates apple released this past week. I just checked now though and the updates are showing up. Such a relief. Garage band, numbers, pages, keynote and a iTunes software update.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Thank you to everyone who replied, this helps calm my fears. I wonder what's going on. I did a clone with CCC a few days ago so I could always go back to that. I think it was before the major updates apple released this past week. I just checked now though and the updates are showing up. Such a relief. Garage band, numbers, pages, keynote and a iTunes software update.

Mine are currently downloading and updating. All is good in OS X. Looks like all the updates were support for the touch bar on the new MBP.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro