I am unsure on whether to go out and get the apple care support for my Mac mini, I have had the Mac for 11 moths and have had no problems on it, even with having beta versions of El Capitan and now macOS Sierra. I understand getting it for mobile devices , but my Mac mini has never moved, I am just want to know if it is worth the $79.00 (student price) to get.
    07-21-2016 02:40 PM
    I am unsure on whether to go out and get the apple care support for my Mac mini, I have had the Mac for 11 moths and have had no problems on it, even with having beta versions of El Capitan and now macOS Sierra. I understand getting it for mobile devices , but my Mac mini has never moved, I am just want to know if it is worth the $79.00 (student price) to get.
    Absolutely recommend it! Just for the peace of mind. I have always purchased it for every new Apple device I have ever owned. Have only needed it once, but it more than paid for itself. I had a custom order iMac that had many issues over a 20 month period. It would have cost me less to buy a new computer than have it repaired. It was in for repairs 5 times before Apple replaced it with a new one. All the problems started after the 1 year mark.

I would have had to buy a new computer had it not been for AppleCare. It is worth every cent and paid for itself five times over for me. I have purchased it and never used it for many devices, but that one time taught me how important it can be.
    07-21-2016 05:18 PM
    I have had three mac minis starting with the original and now I have the latest and never purchased Apple care for any of them. I buy apple care for all my iPhones and iPads but never for a Mac that isn't a laptop. Never had an issue. My previous Mac mini was the original dual core core duo and I sold it last year and it was still running, although it couldn't go past snow leopard. Your mileage may vary......
    08-17-2016 10:16 PM
    Absolutely recommend it! Just for the peace of mind. I have always purchased it for every new Apple device I have ever owned. Have only needed it once, but it more than paid for itself. I had a custom order iMac that had many issues over a 20 month period. It would have cost me less to buy a new computer than have it repaired. It was in for repairs 5 times before Apple replaced it with a new one. All the problems started after the 1 year mark.

I would have had to buy a new computer had it not been for AppleCare. It is worth every cent and paid for itself five times over for me. I have purchased it and never used it for many devices, but that one time taught me how important it can be.
    I did buy it under your recommendation... hopefully I don't have to use it. But the peace of mind is nice

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    08-26-2016 10:45 PM
    I did buy it under your recommendation... hopefully I don't have to use it. But the peace of mind is nice

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    I think you made a wise decision.
    08-27-2016 04:32 AM