How important is it to get Apple Care for a Mac mini?

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
How important is it to get apple care for a Mac mini

I am unsure on whether to go out and get the apple care support for my Mac mini, I have had the Mac for 11 moths and have had no problems on it, even with having beta versions of El Capitan and now macOS Sierra. I understand getting it for mobile devices , but my Mac mini has never moved, I am just want to know if it is worth the $79.00 (student price) to get.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: How important is it to get apple care for a Mac mini

I am unsure on whether to go out and get the apple care support for my Mac mini, I have had the Mac for 11 moths and have had no problems on it, even with having beta versions of El Capitan and now macOS Sierra. I understand getting it for mobile devices , but my Mac mini has never moved, I am just want to know if it is worth the $79.00 (student price) to get.

Absolutely recommend it! Just for the peace of mind. I have always purchased it for every new Apple device I have ever owned. Have only needed it once, but it more than paid for itself. I had a custom order iMac that had many issues over a 20 month period. It would have cost me less to buy a new computer than have it repaired. It was in for repairs 5 times before Apple replaced it with a new one. All the problems started after the 1 year mark.

I would have had to buy a new computer had it not been for AppleCare. It is worth every cent and paid for itself five times over for me. I have purchased it and never used it for many devices, but that one time taught me how important it can be.

cerebasan

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

I have had three mac minis starting with the original and now I have the latest and never purchased Apple care for any of them. I buy apple care for all my iPhones and iPads but never for a Mac that isn't a laptop. Never had an issue. My previous Mac mini was the original dual core core duo and I sold it last year and it was still running, although it couldn't go past snow leopard. Your mileage may vary......

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site

Absolutely recommend it! Just for the peace of mind. I have always purchased it for every new Apple device I have ever owned. Have only needed it once, but it more than paid for itself. I had a custom order iMac that had many issues over a 20 month period. It would have cost me less to buy a new computer than have it repaired. It was in for repairs 5 times before Apple replaced it with a new one. All the problems started after the 1 year mark.

I would have had to buy a new computer had it not been for AppleCare. It is worth every cent and paid for itself five times over for me. I have purchased it and never used it for many devices, but that one time taught me how important it can be.

I did buy it under your recommendation... hopefully I don't have to use it. But the peace of mind is nice

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2