Mac Mini & Time Machine question
I have just bought a Mac Mini with TWO separate hard drives (one ssd and one hdd) and I have also bought a WD 1TB external drive to do my Time Machine backups - so my question is:- How do I ensure that the WD drive and Time Machine will backup BOTH drives? and how do I set this up? Thanks in advance.
- 03-12-2016, 12:00 PM #2
- 4,164 Posts
Re: Mac Mini & Time Machine question
Welcome to iMore! Time Machine will do that for you automatically for you. Just make sure you format the WD before setting up Time Machine. Here is a guide on how to do it. I personally use Carbon Copy Cloner for my backups. Great app that actually does an exact clone of your drives. I like it a lot more than Time Machine as it has many more features available.
- By James Falconer in forum SonosReplies: 9Last Post: 10-21-2016, 03:58 PM
- By timee80 in forum iPhoneReplies: 4Last Post: 03-15-2016, 02:13 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Mac MiniReplies: 1Last Post: 03-13-2016, 09:46 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-12-2016, 09:43 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-10-2016, 06:22 PM