Upgrade or Upgrade?
I have the mid 2010 Mac Mini, with 4 GB DDR3.
For standard browsing, email, document creation/editing and some World of Warcraft playing, seems to me I am better off simply upgrading to 8 GB vs. getting the 2014 Mac Mini with 4 GB.
- 10-18-2014, 07:45 AM #2
- 10-18-2014, 09:29 AM #3
Re: Upgrade or Upgrade?
If you do upgrade to the new machine, be warned - the RAM in the 2014 Mac Mini is NOT user serviceable. You will need to buy the configuration that you are willing to keep/use for life.
That said, you will have a new computer with more current specs, which will be more future proof than upgrading and existing Mini.
- 10-19-2014, 04:08 AM #5
- By Beyond Fire in forum OS X Yosemite (10.10)Replies: 9Last Post: 10-23-2014, 06:21 AM
- By kenzo_44 in forum OS X Yosemite (10.10)Replies: 5Last Post: 10-18-2014, 02:44 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-17-2014, 07:15 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-17-2014, 03:40 PM
- By weblou in forum OS X Yosemite (10.10)Replies: 1Last Post: 10-17-2014, 12:14 PM