wanting to buy a Mac mini for programming, need some fast opinions.

misanthropic

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and i'm sorry if a thread with this subject already exists, but my time for this purchase is limited and I want to know some fast opinions on this.
This Mac mini will be my first "desktop" from apple and first encounter with Mac OS
I want to buy a Mac mini like i said already in the title for programming, such as c/c++ and java..
I want to know if i get the standard configuration (i7 model) it will be sufice for this kind of tasks to run smoothly (no lagging). Also can i still use for example eclipse for java and visual studio for c/c++ on Mac OS?

Thanks so much in advance for your answers and also sorry for my bad english. Hope I made myself clear.

misanthropic

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Ok, done that and ordered the device.

Hope that all will be ok... and my transfer from Windows to Mac OS will be as great as my transfer from Android to iOS was a couple of years ago.

Thanks again Karenkcoulter.
Have a nice day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Quad-Core CPU was a good call. Hard Drive and RAM are easily upgraded on the Mac Mini down the road if you are so inclined. I tossed 16 GB RAM in mine awhile back and it is a real beast now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234