Pompi Video Editor: Totally Free! [APP][FREE(No in apps]]

PompiPompi

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
IconV3256.png

I made a Mac app called "Pompi Video Editor: Totally Free!"

App store link: [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pompi-video-editor-totally/id1070346872?mt=12&at=10l3Vy]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pompi-video-editor-totally/id1070346872?mt=12[/URL]

It's a cute little video editor designed to be easy to use for quick video edits yet have some powerful tools.

Current features include:
  • Simple trimmer.
  • Add Watermark(Scale, place and set opacity)
  • Add Text(Same as watermark)
  • Rotate
  • Mirror
  • And... a really cool SLOW MOTION effect!

You can export to any format or preset your Mac natively allows to. No restriction, no in apps.

Here comes the important part... I would really like to get feedback on to what to add and what to improve. Any feature you feel you need but don't get on other free/cheap video editors for Mac.

I want to make it a really sweet app, not too complicated yet powerful and free, you could help me accomplish this...

Some things to improve or to be added in the future:
  • Slow motion needs more work, it's very close to something equivalent to other high profile programs but needs more work...
  • Cropping and saving video at any resolution...
  • Supporting layers and composition of several watermarks and texts.
  • Your ideas...?

Thank you,
Ofer.

WatermarkScreenshot.jpg
ScreenSlowMotion2.jpg
TrimAndRotateScreenshot.jpg

PompiPompi

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I was working on a press kit and made a small video demonstrating Slow-Motion, trim, crop, watermark and Text so I thought I would post it here...

Original:

Edit:

The low quality is because I had to squeeze it into a Press Kit...

Higher Quality!

Original:

Edit:

Last edited:

PompiPompi

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I thought to make a video showing editing(of video)
It doesn't show all the future but maybe it could show ow it's like to use the program.

There are several new features since the last time I posted here...
Mixing, multi layers, cut out clip, add clip, slice...
(Mixing will only be available on version 1.05 which is waiting approval)

PompiPompi

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I got a review from someone who didn't understand how the app works and even thought it was a hoax because it seemed to him to do nothing.
I have started to write a short guide on to how to use Pompi Video Editor.

Can you give me feedback on the guide?
For those who have used the app, can you tell me if the app is not clear? What kind of help do you like to have in apps?
The issue I am having with a help inside the app is that it may cost in less streamlined workflow.
A small example, if there are highlights on each button it might be helpful for first time users, but if you use the app heavily the highlights might be very annoying when they appear and you already know what everything do.
Perhaps options to disable those things...

Here is the page(currently it's inside my Diesel Racer game website, but it's about Pompi Video Editor):
Diesel Racer 2 | The 3D racing game "Diesel Racer 2" source of news and updates.

PompiPompi

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I have added a new type of transition(Wipe Fade). Frame Keys for watermark and text and all sort of stuff.
In the next version I am also going to have Sepia, B&W and Tear Drop filters to make the movie seem older.
Not sure what to add next... have any suggestions?

Here are the filters(in the next update):
(Also do you see a dark frame? I seem to see a dark frame on youtube but not on the original video... weird)

Here is a color balance test(taken to the extreme):

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner