MAC Mail Question - Very annoying issue, how can I fix it?

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
MAC Mail Question - Verry annoying issue

Ok, so I switched from Outlook to MAC Mail. I am starting to regret it. This issue has caused me to lose important emails.

When you are in the inbox and there are lots of emails, you select an email, and click the delete button. In Outlook, when you click delete, the next message (below) gets selected. So if I want to delete 5 sequential messages, I select the first one in the list, and hit delete 5 times.
However, in MAC Mail, SOMETIMES, after you click delete, it goes to the message above instead of below. The behavior seems to be random. So sometimes it goes one message down and sometimes it goes one message up.
This is a BIG problem for me.

Another issue, not that big of a deal, I use microsoft exchange. Sometimes when I delete several emails at a time, I get an error that it could not be deleted, and the message comes back to my inbox. I delete it again, and its gone.

Any ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: MAC Mail Question - Verry annoying issue

I've never experienced problem deleting items using the native Mail app on either my MacBook or my iOS devices. In regard to you getting an error sometimes when deleting several messages, I can only assume that its a minor blip in communication between the device and the mail server. Anyway, I hope the problem doesn't last for you.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: MAC Mail Question - Verry annoying issue

It doesn't happen in IOS devices. Just the MAC mail. I'm sure there is some logic behind it, but I can't figure it out. Making me crazy right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro