App for backing up to an external drive?

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm wondering, if there's an app that makes backups of specific (user defined) folders and put them on an external harddrive?
I would love to back up a few specific folders to an external harddrive, without having to worry about it.
And yes, I know Time Machine makes perfect copies of my harddrive? and I?m already using it, but since I run a business I would like to have a secondary backup on my external harddrive just in case.

- My goal would be to have these backups ALWAYS override previous*versions of the files included in those particular*folders (saved from earlier backups).
So the backed up folders an respective files would ALWAYS contain the most recent versions.

Any recommendations for apps that make this happen?

* On Windows I used SyncBack SE for this, and it did the job perfectly!
But too bad this app isn?t available for OS X? :(

rchacko

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
If you wanted a more roundabout solution, you could write scripts to mirror your backups form TimeMachine onto a tertiary storage system like DropBox. You could also pay for Crash Plan which handles this as well. But, with all of this being said, I'd say save yourself the headache and just use time machine to make multiple copies. You'll be fine :)

TMav

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I use Time Machine to back up my Mac. But I use Chronosync to back up my FCPX projects which are kept on external hard drives. I have found the app to be very nice and trust worthy. It sounds like it would do what you want. You can find the app in the App Store.

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I use Time Machine to back up my Mac. But I use Chronosync to back up my FCPX projects which are kept on external hard drives. I have found the app to be very nice and trust worthy. It sounds like it would do what you want. You can find the app in the App Store.

Yes, Cronosync is cool.

Runisoft

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site
"Ultimate Backup" on App Store does meet all of these requirements.It allows you to take Backups of only the required folders.Also, it makes sure that if a files is modified, it will replace the older files that are in the backup Disk. i.e. it will override the older versions of the files.

You can get this application from : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ultimate-backup/id1270635822?mt=12&at=10l3Vy

Below is a screenshot of the application :

Final-1.jpg

Regards
Runisoft Support Team

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711