- iMore Beginner
- 91 Posts
Which Anti-Virus would be best??
I just uninstalled Webroot, since it gave me a lot of false positives... so I'm looking around for something else.
I read good things about Avira and Bitdefender... but the name Intego also pops up on some websites.
From my own experience in my Windows-era, I had very good experience with ESET.
- Now I'm confused, which one should I go for?
1) It needs to be lightweight, not being too much of performance hit.
2) But... it does need to do its work right, detection rate should be as good as possible.
Good detection rate is a priority for me!
(I run a company, and need to secure my data really well)
- 09-12-2015, 06:28 AM #2iMore Newbie
- 13 Posts
Re: Which Anti-Virus would be best??
In the company where I used to work all computers had Kaspersky Internet Security installed on them.
I do not recommend even trying out Avira - I had a very bad experience with it. If only I used Dr. Web or Kaspersky back then... It doesn't detect a lot of viruses, and you can loose many files.
If you want a free one, I would recommend Avast or Comodo Antivirus. I used Avast for some time, it didn't fail me. About Comodo - I used their browser and it works really well with dangerous sites even as a single browser. I believe their antivirus should be a nice one, too.
- 09-13-2015, 02:01 PM #3
- 09-13-2015, 02:46 PM #4
- By prohzmusic in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 8Last Post: 09-17-2015, 02:02 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-12-2015, 11:25 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-12-2015, 03:04 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-11-2015, 07:30 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-11-2015, 11:54 AM