ALWAYS opening Safari with a set of pages??

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Since I switched form Windows to OSX last week, I'm also trying to switch from Chrome to Safari.
One of the options I really like about Chrome, is the ability to open up the browser with a certain set of pages.

- I'm missing this option in Safari, which I find a BIG disadvantage...
I did try to use the 'Safari open with all windows from last session', but that doesn't work all the time.
(it does work when I quite Safari directly from the Dock, but when I accidentally close Safari with the red 'close' button... I lose the session)

Is there a way to get around this, so that Safari does have the ability to open with a set of pages, at ALL times?
(no matter how I close Safari)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to get around this, so that Safari does have the ability to open with a set of pages, at ALL times?
If there is, I'm not aware how to do it... there is a version of Chrome for Mac - don't know if that feature is in the Mac version or not...knowing how Google is about things that feature is probably missing in the Mac version...

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Since I switched form Windows to OSX last week, I'm also trying to switch from Chrome to Safari.
One of the options I really like about Chrome, is the ability to open up the browser with a certain set of pages.

- I'm missing this option in Safari, which I find a BIG disadvantage...
I did try to use the 'Safari open with all windows from last session', but that doesn't work all the time.
(it does work when I quite Safari directly from the Dock, but when I accidentally close Safari with the red 'close' button... I lose the session)

(no matter how I close Safari)

Yes, and it's quite simple, though not widely known.
  1. Create a bookmark folder in Safari that contains ONLY the pages that you want to open as your "home page".
  2. Go to Safari Preferences, and select the General Tab.
  3. Set the Safari opens with: to A new window.
  4. Set the New window open with: to your bookmark folder. You can click the down arrow and navigate to the bookmark folder.
  5. Save it all, and quit Safari.
  6. Relaunch Safari and enjoy your new "home page".

View attachment 91106 View attachment 91107

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77