Mac App Store vs. Web Stores: Which do you prefer?

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
Now that the Mac App Store has been around for a while, do you guys feel you use it more than just downloading files from the developers websites? I've had a ton of issues with the Mac App Store in the past so I tend to sway away from it when possible but what about yourselves?

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
If something is available on the Mac App Store, I'll get it from there. I kind of like being able to track updates, purchases and stuff all in one place. But if an app isn't there, I have no problem download and installing direct from a website.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It all depends on what it is. I get a lot of my stuff from the Mac App Store... but some apps just aren’t available there. I get a lot of "one-off" utilities (Bartender, Padlock, Mountain Lion Tweaks) from the developer sites, though.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away via Tapatalk.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I like the concept of the Mac App Store as a one stop shop for apps, updates, etc., but I will usually buy directly from the developer (if they are well known/trustworthy) if price is close to the same. It's a bigger cut for them, and I generally will get bug fixes sooner than waiting for App Store approval. But the overall theory behind the App Store is nice.

Jstravinski

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Still prefer App Store, if desired application is there of course:) It is reliable and easy to search.
Plus it always convenient to look through the full catalog, when you don't know exactly what do you want or if you need to learn more about new apps.

wrldwzrd89

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
The App Store works well for me to get applications for the Mac. Not all of the applications I use are available there.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner