Should I upgrade to iOS 10?

ae6dx

May 19, 2009
Visit site
I see there doesn't seem to be much jailbreaking going on with iOS 10. Do you satay with iOS 9 jailbreak or is iOS 10 worth it? The biggest thing I'd miss is folder enhancer to make more apps visible per page.

samanthpad

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Better to stay with iOS 9. You can use Yalu for jailbreak iOS 10.2 running Devices. But this jailbreak is not released as stable one. Wait most probably Pangu will release next jailbreak solution for public. Better to check your device status with Detect Device. This will work only with Safari Browser.

Actually jailbreak will walk up soon for Cydia users.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
iOS 10 has the newest security updates and other features that iOS 9 doesn't offer.
It's strongly recommended to update to the newest iOS.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
iOS 10 has the newest security updates and other features that iOS 9 doesn't offer.

This. With all the vulnerabilities out there, I would not put jailbreaking over security. Everyone has to make their own choice though.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Definitely give this a +2

Just looking at it from a security perspective, I would always advise upgrading to the latest OS 😃 All of our data is special to us and it wouldn't be nice if it all got taken away. Especially where you hear about massive Ransomeware attacks.

From a features point of view, it doesn't matter that much. IOS 9 is still very capable and provides more than enough features.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I was a long-time jail breaker. I haven't been jailbroken for a couple of years now. Most of the things I jailbroke for now are incorporated into iOS. There are a few Cydia apps that I miss, but nothing that was a deal breaker. Aside from security, ask yourself why you "need" to be jailbroken. If there is no good reason aside from you being able to say you're jailbroken, why not upgrade?

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm still rocking iOS 9.1 untether jailbreak. I care more about JB and less about update and security because that's an never ending loop.
Beside, over the year, I lose interest in new updates, devices etc as far as my current setup working fine for me. Is iOS 10 worth the upgrade? I've seen friend with iOS 10 loaded into their phone, it looks nice. Not a deal breaker for me enough to lose my JB.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm still rocking iOS 9.1 untether jailbreak. I care more about JB and less about update and security because that's an never ending loop.
Beside, over the year, I lose interest in new updates, devices etc as far as my current setup working fine for me. Is iOS 10 worth the upgrade? I've seen friend with iOS 10 loaded into their phone, it looks nice. Not a deal breaker for me enough to lose my JB.

Wow 9.1! You win. For everyone, it is different. For me, I have made the choice to stay on iOS 9 for battery life reasons. I keep hearing about major issues that each of these iOS 10 updates have bought to older phones.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Wow 9.1! You win. For everyone, it is different. For me, I have made the choice to stay on iOS 9 for battery life reasons. I keep hearing about major issues that each of these iOS 10 updates have bought to older phones.

Glad I have an SE then. Awesome battery life on 10.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Glad I have an SE then. Awesome battery life on 10.

Yeah, in my experience trying iOS 10 out the gate on my original SE, I hated the battery life difference so I rolled back while I could. Not willing to upgrade said SE. However, I do have another one with 10 out of the box and I don't really notice a difference but to be fair, that one is used for media and I don't really use it as a phone (i.e. calls, texts) so it's hard to compare.

Oh, this was kind of a ramble post. Basically, I can't talk.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, in my experience trying iOS 10 out the gate on my original SE, I hated the battery life difference so I rolled back while I could. Not willing to upgrade said SE. However, I do have another one with 10 out of the box and I don't really notice a difference but to be fair, that one is used for media and I don't really use it as a phone (i.e. calls, texts) so it's hard to compare.

Oh, this was kind of a ramble post. Basically, I can't talk.

Well, I know you've had yours longer than me so maybe the older builds weren't as good? Mine has only been on 10.3.2 from the start. I have to admit though, you're the first person I've heard say they got poor battery life on an SE on any build. Bad luck?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Well, I know you've had yours longer than me so maybe the older builds weren't as good? Mine has only been on 10.3.2 from the start. I have to admit though, you're the first person I've heard say they got poor battery life on an SE on any build. Bad luck?

There was a thread about this in the SE forum last year lol. Also a YouTube user who makes IOS videos, noticed the same. It wasn't so good at first. In this case, I don't think it's just me.

It probably improved now though.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
There was a thread about this in the SE forum last year lol. Also a YouTube user who makes IOS videos, noticed the same. It wasn't so good at first. In this case, I don't think it's just me.

It probably improved now though.

That's what I was wondering, if it was the earlier builds which I never saw. Perception is everything!
Yesterday I used my device pretty heavily (for me at least). Still had 69% battery life when my head hit the pillow. I can't remember getting this good battery life out of a modern device.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
That's what I was wondering, if it was the earlier builds which I never saw. Perception is everything!
Yesterday I used my device pretty heavily (for me at least). Still had 69% battery life when my head hit the pillow. I can't remember getting this good battery life out of a modern device.

Nice! I'm glad to hear that it's working out well for you!

You're probably right about the perception thing too.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Nice! I'm glad to hear that it's working out well for you!

You're probably right about the perception thing too.

I'm still hoping an update to CU brings my Idol4S back to life but, after using the SE now, it might be difficult going back to it full time. Probably will just be a tester for W10M going forward.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711