Is Jailbreaking Dead?

ewarhol

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Hello-

Just curious if jailbreaking is still around? Seems like this forum is so quiet. I remember so much chatter with previous iOS version JB's. Is there another forum out there that I'm not aware of?

I'm still on iOS 8 because MyWi is my top reason for JB, but I'm tempted to upgrade to iOS 10. Anything in the works for a JB with iOS 10 and/or MyWi update? I'm not a developer in anyway, but for some reason I remember previous chatter about Apple and patching JB. Did they come up with a permanent way to take of JB?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not as many JB as they used to. Apple has improved and added a lot of features in recent years. I don't think there's one for the current OS.

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Not the current but I believe there's a jailbreak for iOS 10.3.1. Apple keeps patching more and more loopholes with security updates making it harder and harder to create a stable jailbreak and even harder for a stable untethered jailbreak.

samanthpad

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Jailbreak will not dead. Pangu already demoed iOS 10.3.1, 10.3 jailbreak with last mobile security conference. This will be good news for all jailbreak loving users. But this tool is not released for public users. You can Check your device Cydia install progress with Cydia Download Installer. This will help to download Cydia properly.

Many paid Cydia fake apps are available to download. So you need to protect device from these applications.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
There’s less of a need because Apple keeps building the best jailbreak hacks into iOS. There are some I tweaks I miss, but I haven’t jailbroken since I got rid of my 6s and got a 7. Now I have an X coming, so don’t anticipate a jailbreak becoming available any time soon. I don’t miss it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234