non-substrate mode

javidr

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi

I would like to have a bit of background on this mode. I have heard that basically it disables the tweaks installed in the devices, but, i have some questions

If i have genuine application downloaded from appstore, is it going to work correctly?

On the other hand, will i still be able to access to the protected folders of the device, where i can only access when i am jailbroken, or will i lose that privilege?

Thanks

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I would like to have a bit of background on this mode. I have heard that basically it disables the tweaks installed in the devices, but, i have some questions

If i have genuine application downloaded from appstore, is it going to work correctly?

On the other hand, will i still be able to access to the protected folders of the device, where i can only access when i am jailbroken, or will i lose that privilege?

Thanks

It disables mobile substrate which most tweaks are built upon. However it doesn't disable everything. For example f.lux will still work with mobile substrate disabled.
I think that SSH and acfd2 do not require substrate, only root access so they will be ok allowing you to view / access filesystem from a computer.
Ifile also definitely works in no substrate mode, as well a icleaner.
So simple answers... If you are in no substrate mode, all your apps should work as if you have never been jailbroken, if in no substrate mode you will be able to access your whole file system.
That being said, if you used ifile to mess with the file structure of an app, that could break the app, going into no substrate mode will not fix the file directory. Deleting and reinstalling the app will solve that.

javidr

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Interesting. So, in no substrate mode, you can still access to reserved folders as a root, but.... key question, that is where i really want to go... will it bypass jailbreak detection? I mean, will applications detect that my device is jailbroken?

I assume the answer is, "it depends". But, is there any chance that it can bypass that detection?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
No the apps that detect jailbreak will absolutely still detect jailbreak.

There are some tools that will supposedly help with that.
Xcon, ts protect p, flex patches...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234